Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Year Resolution

Attention: Our beloved and much respected Yoga Teacher of teachers, Krishan Verma, has started his own Yoga blog at My Yoga Space~Krishan Verma. I have added the link to the useful links tab on the right side of this blog for future reference.

My New Year Resolution?


Krishanji's post about letting go was spot on about my recent experience so I am tempted to quote him here:

'Letting go of the past doesn’t mean forgetting the past. It is letting go of the questioning and blaming which gives rise to the emotions of anger and regret in us. It is not the memory of the past that troubles us, but the emotions and feelings associated with the past that hurt us. Dropping the questioning and blaming drops the hurtful emotions. The skill lies in becoming aware of the questions and emotions arising in us but not giving much importance to them. We do this for our own sake, for our own well being. The anger and regrets in us are detrimental to the well being of our own bodies and mind.'

Moving away from home permanently is a transition bigger than I thought.

Letting go of everything in Alor Setar Art of Living Centre is not easy: away from Saturday night satsangs, Sunday group practice, Tuesday yoga session, hanging around during Yoga courses, hanging around during Basic courses and everything surrounding it. Everytime when my mind brought it up, first it will be happy thinking of the good memories, then it became doubtful and regretful for spoiling old relationships and not maintaining new ones, then it became angry for not putting enough effort in doing seva,  whoooooosh! Who says letting go and moving forward comes easy?

It is no wonder I got sick and lost weight these past few months. This emotional roller coaster has taken its toll on me mentally as well as physically. Thank goodness I am aware of this now! I am personally giving myself a star for dealing with it the Yogic way!

Bye-bye 2011

Love,
ZY



No comments:

Post a Comment